Friday, September 17, 2010

Project Food Blog challenge #1

    I was not sure to enter or not to enter  the PFB, actually am a  brand new food blogger ,a newbie, 1 month old !!
I just entered  because I thought it will be fun, to recieve that newsletter everyday from the foodbuzz editorial team, reading my friends posts about it and also to add some thrill to my life.






   Well, I started my food blog BECAUSE,..no ,before I tell you this let's go back a little bit...
I am a mother , my kids are my whole life, and I used to be a Doctor too, but I gave up my work just to give my kids some time....
found myself  lost between their needs and  the housework ...and to be honest I was started feeling really stressed out!!
We moved to Italy 5 months ago,and ever since, I lost track of all my friends back home,to find myself lonely and to some extent useless...but to be honest,again, after I started  writing and blogging my life has changed and my blog became my only and best friend.
                                 
       Once upon a time,there was a -desperate- Housedoctor,yeah!! a Housedoctor it stands for a doctor + housewife ).was navigating pointlessly while I was just listening to the Julie and Julia movie..(just listening not watching) , was looking online for a recipe of something, I don't actually remember  what was it!!, and I bumped into my beloved website Foodbuzz, and I liked the idea of blogging and communicating with other Foodies,learning some culinary skills and getting nice comments on a dish you made and photographed .




  My kitchen is a modest one, I even don't have and -unfortunately -can't afford a stand mixer for the timebeing :), yet I love to cook, actually I wasn't into baking IN THE PAST....but now I really have to admit ..baking became one of my no-drug mood elevator..
once I see my yummy (thing) coming out of the oven ....I smile and feel sooooo happy!

  

        My kids really love to play ,sorry to cook with me..after every rolling of a pastry dough each one takes a piece and play!! :)) and then i bake for them that thing they created :)
Lily can barely touch the ground....reminds me of myself when I was in the kitchen with mom.:)




So, back to the Project Food Blog.....I now want to introduce myself in brief:

I love cooking
I love creating
I love success.
with every successful recipe, good looking salad or a baked pie that is a smash hit I feel rewarded...
maybe because I really miss my work as a doctor, but I really felt rewarded enough among my beloved community on Foodbuzz.
  And about why should I be the next foodbuzz star, who said I will be??!!
Am not being pessimistic or anything..but I am really a newbie here ,and there are hundreds of REALLY good foodies out there , I am just here to share the fun of the competition itself.
but if there is a reward for a newbie, I'd go for it .
Yet,am really proud of myself, I spend most of my free time reading  about food photography nowadays , and I see myself improving compared to my first posts. And also my cooking skills are improving along with my photographing ones,I learned how to kneed a dough for God's sake!!

Things I've learned from food blogging:
Be creative, do not take any recipe as it is.
Be patient,if your recipe didn't came out as it meant to be.
Be honest, tell your foodie friends how you really feel about their dishes.
Be friendly, adding comments never hurts..:)
Be devoted,"Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all." — Julia Child

Voting starts tomorrow...Good luck everyone!!
Your VOTE makes me happy..

From the white coat to the white apron

P.S..if you wanna know me better...hear this song 


36 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Nice to read more about you and I wish you all the best with the challenge!

Unknown said...

@Angie...thank you very much . love your blog :))
best wishes for you..

notyet100 said...

good luck nice post,..;-) can relate to u ,..even i am dentist but not working,.

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Very nice post! Best of luck with the challenge :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life. I look forward to reading more. I will be posting my project food buzz entry tomorrow. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Ashlee
www.ashandlewplus2.com

Classic Kitchen Twist said...

Good Luck!

Jan/Thella @ I Love. Therefore, I Cook. said...

doesn't matter if you're a newbie blogger or not :) it's all in the spirit of fun so enjoy the ride! all the best!

Unknown said...

Thank you my friends, good luck to all of you :)

whatsfordinneracrossstatelines said...

I'm so glad you entered Nesrine, it's been great getting to know you! Good luck!
-Gina-

Michele said...

Lovely post! Good luck!!

MaryMoh said...

Welcome into the blogging world! Lovely post and great to know you more. Keep cooking keep blogging and have fun!

Sippity Sup said...

Great entry. I came to check out the competition and got so much more. I admire you for your strong words. For taking this challenge on while so new to blogging. But mostly I admire that spirit you have that I recognize as passion. You look strong. Good Luck. GREG

Megan @ Foodalution said...

Hi Nesrine! Love the post and best of luck to you!

Cooking Creation said...

Good luck in the challenge!

The Duo Dishes said...

Well welcome to blogging! And what a fun life you must have living in Italy now. What an awesome thing to say. Best of luck to you in the contest!

My Little Space said...

Hi Nestrine, thanks for the add and welcome to FB! ^_^ No worries, you have my vote. Wishing you all the best and good luck! Have a nice day.
Kristy

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand being away from home and thrown into a new situation. Passion is passion and it doesn't matter how long you have been blogging! Best of luck with PFB!

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

Woohoo, I'm so glad you entered! I imagine that writing's been a great connection for you in a new city. Keep writing (and cooking), my friend :)

Nate @ House of Annie said...

You got my vote! Cheers and aloha.

Lindsay said...

Great photos! Just gave you a vote! You can check out my post here: http://tinyurl.com/2ec2hlq Thanks and Good luck!!

Unknown said...

For all great foodies(who entered the PFB) and commented here....you got my vote :))

Heba samy said...

very good idea dear Nesrine, go on!!

Jean said...

Nesrine, you definitely got my vote. So nice to be a part of PFB with new bloggers like me. It's like entering high school or college together. I wish you much luck in the contest!

Za said...

love the simplicity and clarity of your post. I totally can understand moving from career woman to housewife..and not having a stand mixer. I still don't. :)

All the best with PFB!

Unknown said...

Good luck everyone..

umommy said...

best of luck to you (from one newbie to another)!

Life on Nanchang Lu said...

Hi Nesrine,
From one doctor-turned food-blogger to another - isn't it a lot more fun than what we used to do?
All the best, and keep blogging!

Cheers from Fiona

Life on Nanchang Lu said...

Hi Nesrine,
From one doctor turned food-blogger to another - isn't it more fun than what we used to do? Yes!
All the best for PFB,
Cheers, Fiona

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

Your photos are lovely! :)

Don't fret about being a newbie in the contest. I have likened myself to David going up against the food blogger Goliaths...just believe you've got the magic slingshot in your hand.

Joanne Choi said...

My father is a doctor....I have a soft spot for them. Voted for you!

Unknown said...

@Sarahthank you so much ,sweet words and of course a much sweeter person.
@Joanne.....great!!! thank you.

Unknown said...

For a newbie, you sure have a great blog! Wonderful post here, best of luck for PFB!

Mariko said...

Good post. Those pancakes -- is that chocolate sauce? Drool.

Unknown said...

you got my vote!

Unknown said...

Rabna m3akey , very touching that you left your career for your kids but you did the right choice , everything looks yummy :P

Kariman Al Essawy said...

Hi Nesrien, we have many things in common, I'm an Egyptian too, I traveled with my husband and felt the same loneliness, and after watching Julie&Julia I was so inspired and decided directly to start a cooking blog cos I really love cooking so much :)
Voted for you, wish all luck :)

Post a Comment

comments and suggestions make me happy!