It was my very first time to use olive oil in desserts ...strange ,yet true!!
But they came out awesome . One of the most moist and silky muffins I've ever made.
Partially inspired from gastronomy
- 7 9/10 ounces all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
*Preheat oven to 375°. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients(except sugar); make a well in center.
*Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
* Add the lemon rind to your sugar then rub them between your fingers .
* Add the dry ingredients to the wet batter.
*Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 375°, 180 c for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.