Laila, My 3 year old, is a picky eater. So every now then I try to introduce to her something new ..
And this time was cheese, and I decided to put it in a cute outfit ..... a fish !!
I bumped into a lovely blog which inspired me the creation of this biscuits , thank you Nourhan ( the blogger) .
I decided to make my own cookie cutter, since I don't have one .. but I faced a problem, I don't have a soda can. and yes , you will need a soda can to make this, my aluminum cup worked though .. but I recommend a can.And after I made this .. My daughter insisted on using her favorite cookie cutter .. so I did.!
|Shape it like this after you make the circle like illustrated above|
Yet, I recommend, if you have an empty soda can , use it !
And after I made it (finally) Laila insisted on making me use her own cookie cutter :)
|Put your flour, baking powder, cheese,salt, rosemary in a food processor and pulse 3 or four times|
|Add butter and pulse again 3 or 4 times|
|Add water one TB at a time ... mine needed 5 until the dough forms one ball|
Let it rest in the freezer for 30 minutes before baking..
To avoid the sticky mess ... roll your dough between 2 layers of ------> Plastic wrap.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 a cup grated cheese .. I used Parmesan and Provolone Note: you can experiment with other cheeses.
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Some fresh rosemary leaves (note: this is optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pulse the flour,cheese, salt, pepper,rosemary and baking powder together using a food processor.
- Add the butter , and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pulse in 3 to 4 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and only enough so that the dough forms a ball and rides the blade. Remove, wrap in plastic, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the crackers: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside. Roll the dough out to 1/8th-inch thickness,
- Optional: Refrigerate for another 15 minutes or so to make sure they won’t spread.
- Place them on the prepared baking pans. Bake until golden and crisp (13-18 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
If you like this post .. please help me be one of the best 100 mommy blogs on Babble.com
watch this video and then vote for me here
Happy baking every one .